Blender Baby Food: Over 125 Recipes for Healthy Homemade Meals
Author: Young, Nicole
Publisher: Robert Rose
Condition: Used: Very Good
Clean, unmarked copy with some edge wear. Good binding. Dust jacket included if issued with one. We ship in recyclable American-made mailers. 100% money-back guarantee on all orders.
This first edition has been replaced by the Revised and Expanded Second edition of Blender Baby Food (9780778802624) featuring over 175 recipes for healthy homemade meals.
Making nutritious, homemade baby food has never been so easy!
Baby food doesn't have to come in jars, and making your own at home is not difficult. Baby food is strained, puréed or mashed adult food - just a different version of the food you prepare for yourself.
Here are three good reasons to make baby food at home:
- Knowing what's in it, therefore ensuring healthy and wholesome meals.
- Tailoring the texture to your baby's preferences.
- Shaping baby's tastes and helping him/her learn what fresh foods taste like.
Whether choosing to make all baby's food at home, or just some of it, the blender is a great way to offer new flavors in a baby-friendly texture. Once a child begins to eat table food, there is always an occasion for a fruit smoothie or a nutritious blended dip.
Here's a sampling of the deliciously easy recipes:
- Six Months and Older Peach and Pear Bananarama, Melon Madness, Zucchini and Nectarines, Roasted Vegetable Purée
- Eight Months and Older Vegetable Paella, Humus for Beginners, Chicken with Red Peppers and Corn, Beefy Broccoli
- Nine Months and Older Lemon Raspberry Yogurt, Over the Top Applesauce, Spinach and Tomatoes with Ricotta, Fisherman's Pie
- Twelve Months and Older Orange Banana Smoothie, Very Berry Pears, Broccoli and Cauliflower Melt, Veggie Cream Sauce
All the recipes in Blender Baby Food are accompanied by suggested age guidelines. Also included are lots of great tips for making baby food, storage and freezing guidelines as well as the appropriate way to thaw and reheat food. Plus, none of the recipes calls for any of the salt, sugar, starches or fillers found in many commercially prepared