Essential Manners for Men: What to Do, When to Do It, and Why
Author: Post, Peter
Publisher: William Morrow
Binding: Regular Hardback
Condition: Used: Very Good
Clean, unmarked copy with some edge wear. Good binding. Dust jacket included if issued with one. We ship in recyclable American-made mailers. 100% money-back guarantee on all orders.
Essential Manners for Men helps men make the right decisions about what to do and say in every situation that counts. Peter Post, great-grandson of Emily Post, distills the essential information men need for all the important roles they play in life.
Organized into three parts -- Daily Life, Social Life, and On the Job -- Essential Manners for Men resolves situations that can stump even the savviest. Peter Post's advice is sharp-witted and sensible, with tips, boxes, and candid anecdotes about his own etiquette blunders. Topics include:
- The most important behaviors to avoid and emulate at the gym, at work, on the golf course, at home, out with friends, at a business social event, and a child's ball game
- Tipping, driver's ed-iquette, introductions, sportsmanship, and parenting
- Successfully sharing living spaces with a roommate, significant other, or spouse -- from the toilet seat to the remote control to the kitchen sink
- How to throw a great party or be the perfect guest
- How to successfully navigate the business dinner
- Things men do wrong that make women wince, and things men do right that women love
- The five-step process to resolve any situation where there is no etiquette rule
Short and shoot-from-the-hip honest, Essential Manners for Men is a book no man can afford to be without.